I’m still recovering from what was our most successful Baltimore Comic-Con yet! It was a great convention this year. The weather was nice. The people were nice. And I got to see Edward James Olmos‘ mustache from 30 feet away!
This was also the first con that we tried advertising in the bathroom. They were only up for a few hours on Friday before the convention center staff cleaned them up, so I think we probably weren’t allowed to post stuff there. Oh well. Maybe next time! We got compliments about the ads, so I thought I’d post it here for anyone who missed it.
Big thanks to everyone who came by to see us. For those who couldn’t make it, Poop Office #6 is now available in digital form on the store page. If you’re a ComiXology fan, I’m working on getting Poop Office #6 up there, too. It’ll probably be a few weeks, though.
Anyway, let’s get to the main event! Here’s what people were saying around the Poop Office table this year:
- I think [our cat] would like that [catnip toy]. She needs it!
- I’m looking for a special poop.
- (Pointing at the cover to issue #4) Is that piss in the water jug? Oh god. I’m done. (leaves)
- I want to laugh but I don’t want to be insulting.
- (Re: poop plush) Child: I want one of these. Parent: No!
- I gather you guys love bowel movements.
- Poop, there it is!
- This is a very attractive nuisance for children.
- Oh look, it’s the poops again!
- Power Girl: I have to say that was really slick putting ads in the stalls. Frickin’ brilliant.
- You guys keep doing what you’re doing.
- Alright, give me the shit!
- I’m sure you get this a lot — they look like burnt chicken nuggets.
- (While taking someone’s photo in front of the plushes) Say ‘Poop’!
- I’m gonna get in trouble for this, but… (buys something)
- I don’t like this. I don’t like it because it’s poop.
- Look! Little shits!
- (Girl had whole stuffed poop collection at home) I got poop! This is my third poop doll!
- (Regarding his wife) Of all the comics I bought, this one upset her the most.
- Really? Shit art?
- I look forward to reading these, God help me.
- (After handing him the free sketch I did for him) Last year you were the best buy of the convention. This year you’re the best sketch.
- Mom: But it’s poop! Child: Mom, you just don’t understand.