I’m still recovering from this weekend’s HeroesCon. It was our first trip there. I’d heard about how great this convention was my whole life, and it definitely lived up to the hype! Charlotte’s a beautiful city, the con was a true celebration of comic books, and the evening events had free guacamole! What more could you ask for? I want to send a big thank you to everyone we met this weekend! We definitely had a lot of fun and will probably be returning to HeroesCon sometime in the future.
Our table was literally right next to one of the bathrooms. It was so right next to it that people pointed it out more than once every 10-15 minutes (seriously, we counted), which was fun!
Here are some other things people said to us:
- I want to hold your poop in my hands.
- That’s so funny, I’m gonna die.
- It’s poop time.
It’s awkward going to the bathroom right next to the poop sign.
I don’t condone this.
- This needs to be made into a motion picture.
- I would invest in this.
- (Mother of two children joins them at the table) Of course this is where I would find my boys.
- (Smells one of the plush dolls) This smells like a stuffed animal.
- (Notices we’re right next to the bathroom) They got the Poop Office next to the poop office!
- This is probably the only time where you’d say, “Yes! I got seated next to the bathroom!”
There were a few kids that thought we were selling potato/peanut merchandise:
- Daddy, look! Potatoes!
- Look, potato people!
- It’s a peanut!
This con’s winner is the guy who managed to see through my entire scam!
- Really… you sell stuffed brown pillows and call it poop?
Honorable mention goes to the “y’all” comments we got:
- Y’all are hilarious.
- Y’all are brilliant.
- Y’all are crazy, you know that?
And now please take a moment of silence to remember those that didn’t make it: